When booking a family session clients always ask for suggestions on what to wear.
Here are my suggestions with some pictures from past sessions to help you out:
* Please do not come dressed in matching outfits or in the same color head to toe. These clothing choices do not make for the most visually appealing image. Choose items with good color, texture (ie, knits, ruffles, denim) and accessories. Think coordinating not matching.
* Browse your favorite stores’ websites for new collections and a lot times you will see outfit ideas that coordinate really well together. Look for outfits that fit each family member’s individual style but tie all the looks together by picking a few select colors to coordinate.
* Keep ideas of clothing choices fresh and stylish. Add that perfect pop with great shoes, jewelry, belts and hair pieces.
* Men look great in colored button downs and dark jeans. Younger boys look awesome in “men’s style” clothing. Add a tie, a newsboy hat and a sweater or blazer for that extra style.
* Ladies will want to show off their style so your clothes should be tailored to suit you. I get most of my clothing ideas off of the manikins at my favorite stores. They are typically layered styles with great punches of color and accessories. Think about belts, heels, necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc. Take your style and punch up it a bit. The same idea goes for little girls.
Here is a list of don’ts:
- Absolutely no shorts for men. Too hot for jeans? Try some linen pants. I love that casual/stylish look. Boys can do shorts if it flows stylishly with the family.
- No flip flops on anyone.
- Absolutely no baseball caps. I love all types of hats in pictures, just not baseball caps.
- Ladies can pull off stylish shorts if you add some great heels and accessories.
Last minute tips:
- You are investing in your family’s portraits. Don’t skimp out on your clothing.
- Don’t stress! I can even offer to come to your home and dig through your closet with you!
- I will ask that you e-mail me or text me a picture of your outfits a few days before your session. This will help me with ideas of any additional items I need to bring to make your session perfect.
- Remember to consider the color scheme in your home when you start playing with colors. You will want to display these pictures so why not make it all coordinate somehow.
- Above all, have fun and get creative.
Cherished Memories Photography | Fort Worth Newborn Photographer | Maternity | Newborns | Children | Family | Dallas